oslo soup is seeking a new volunteer board member to join the team. Our lovely Giulia has moved to Copenhagen and while cheering us on from Denmark, can go longer continue her oslo soup board activities.
Are you our new board member?
We are looking for a motivated individual who can work independently to support oslo soup and build consensus in new ways to grow the organization and to improve events. The time commitment can vary from 1 hour every other week or several hours per week leading up to an event. We value your time but flexibility in and around our event timeframe is very important.
Work Duties and Responsibilities (This is an example of what the board members do – no one does all as we are a team that works together with the help of many wonderful volunteers. We are looking for someone who is interested in at least one or more of the following responsibilities):
- Social Media management (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Website development (mostly editing in WordPress pre and post event)
- Donor recruitment (helping us find delicious food donors (soup, bread, cake) and other partners (raffles) for each event)
- Venue identification, booking and/or coordination
- Pitch Whispering (finding cool community ideas which might want to apply to pitch at the next oslo soup and walking them through the application process)
- Print Media and Art
- Networking to increase awareness of oslo soup and encourage event attendance
- MailChimp, including mailing list management and newsletter development
- Blog writing & posting
- Public speaking and presenting about oslo soup
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Event logistics and day-of coordination
- Budget management
- Can utilize existing networks in Oslo that complement oslo soup’s mission or the ability to build networks and connect with people who might be interested in our concept
- Has a passion for teamwork and consensus building
- Interest in community building and enhancement – particularly in the Oslo community
- Education or experience that support one or more of the work duties listed above (that you are interested in)
- Experience with event planning or logistics – or volunteering at a similar community-based event
- Attended at least one oslo soup event
- Located in Oslo or surrounding area
How to apply:
Send us a letter at email@example.com explaining which work duties and responsibilities you are interested in, what qualifications (listed or unlisted) that you can bring to the table, as well as, anything you think is pretty awesome about yourself that can help support oslo soup! Please also let us know which event(s) you attended and what you thought about it! Feedback is king!
Application Letters are due by 23:59 on 20 July 2018.
Please note this is an unpaid, volunteer board position. oslo soup is a registered volunteer organization in Norway. We organize crowdfunding foodie events three times a year to help raise money for the community project who wins the most votes during our event. Want to learn more? Check out www.oslosoup.org/what-is-oslo-soup.