What is oslo soup?
oslo soup is a micro-funding experience. You donate some money*, get some delicious soup, bread and cake, then you vote for the project you would like to support. At the end of the evening, the project with the most votes gets the collected donations
*Suggested donation: 50 NOK
oslo soup is:
- a collaborative public foodie experience
- a platform for community and business connection
- a democratic experiment in micro-funding
- a dynamic environment bringing together various creative communities
- a sustainability focused organization
- an opportunity to support creative people in Oslo
oslo soup is a micro-granting foodie experience celebrating and supporting creative new projects in Oslo. For a suggested donation of 50 NOK, attendees receive soup, bread, cake and a vote. They get the opportunity to hear from four presentations ranging from art, urban agriculture, social justice, social entrepreneurs, education, technology and more. Each presenter has four minutes to share their idea and answer four questions from the audience. At the event, attendees eat, talk, share resources and vote on the project they think benefits the city the most. At the end of the night, we count the ballots and the winner goes home with all of the money raised to carry out their project. Winners come back to a future oslo soup foodie event to report their project’s progress.
oslo soup’s mission is to promote community-based development through crowdfunding, creativity, collaboration, democracy and sustainability.
We value community, creativity, collaboration, change, democracy, dialogue, fairness, sustainability, entrepreneurs, health and well-being.
Our Vision for the Future of oslo soup
With key partnerships and community leaders, we hope oslo soup will change the way people engage with the democratic process by establishing an environment for social enterprise in the city of Oslo.
What We Want to Do
- Empower residents
- Help create jobs
- Foster a culture of sustainability
- Allow people to establish new relationships and networks
- Support start up entrepreneurs
- Foster collaboration between established businesses and start ups
- Promote action and change
- Enable increased health and well-being opportunities
- Instill city pride
- Provide a deeper understanding of democracy